Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Venitian is complete

The sleves look much better with a band of gold braid along the bottom. I think they are so pretty. Becuase I had already sewn up the sleves twice I wasn't going to unpick them in order to machine sew the braid on so I carefully hand stitched the braid on.Doesn't the dress look more finished with the braid on the sleves.

A close up of the pretty gold bows holding the sleves on :)
Yesterday I completed my partlet. I thought of copying Liza and machine sewing the back and finishing the front with hand done stitches but seeing as it's so small I desided to hand sew the entire piece. My partlet is now the first piece I've made that is complely hand sewn.
That brings construction of the Venitian dress to an end. It is now completely wearable and probably the prettiest dress I own to date. My next big project is a tudor dress, more to come on that later :)

1 comment:

Ysambart said...

Hurrah! It looks awesome, I hope it looks good on when you come to court at Festival.