Sunday, February 8, 2009

STUFF

I went to attempt a pattern that Stanzi directed me to on the saint florian website; I got as far as marking out the four panels on my material when I got to the last one it turned out that my material was short by 5cm. I needed 3 meters of fabric and I thought I had 3 sadly I was wrong and that pattern has been put aside until I buy more fabric.

Once again I have attempted to make a chemise and this time it worked wonderfully. The only issue I had with making this chemise is my overlocker is having issues the tension was too tight causeing the thread to snape and everything to just go horribly wrong.

I used a patern for a "spanish chemise" which I found on some website somewhere. I should really keep better records but I generally just grab and save or copy and paste so no records. I did cheat with my chemise I machine sewed everything including the bias which forms the tube for the ribbion so machine sewing is visable along the neck and cuffs.

All in all I think it worked pretty well.

What we have here is what I like to call Viking Pants. They are not perriod at all but everyone wears them. I would not consider wearing them to a normal event I made them specifically for festival, they are to be worn under my blue or pickish t tunic. These ones worked out better then my last pair of pants. My last pair are the right length from the hip to foot but are the wrong length from the hip to crutch; I forgot to adjust the crutch length when I added the allowance for the cord pocket at the top of the pants. This pair of pants are my third attempt my first pair were usless some how I ended up with a pair of pants that wouldn't pull on past my knee. This pair however I am very happy with. The are bright and yellow and hiddeous and awesome as they should be when they arn't perriod at all :D.

1 comment:

Ysambart said...

Those pants could only be more awesome if they were orange. Mmm, I love orange.