Sunday, February 1, 2009

So Close to Completion

I am now very close to completion of my Venitian dress. Tonight I have just finished the hand sewn hems on the selves. However this is the second time I've done this to these exact selves. Earlier this week I thought I had completed them however when I pulled them on they were much to big. They were infact an inch too big. Silly me added 2 lots of seam allowance not just once. So this morning I unpicked the hand sewn seams and machine stiched seams. I resewed the sew with the machine and re-overlocked the edges cuting away the extra half inch from each side. During the Baronial meeting today I got one of the sleves completed; two hand stitched seams. After the meeting and then again after work I worked on the remaining selve. Now I have two selves that are almost complete. Now all I have to do is attach the 5 gold ribions as laces and the 5 brass rings to the puff selves of each side of the dress so that the selves can be attached to the dress. Once I have completed the selves all that is left is the partlet. I have borrowed Liza's partlet and I have the material. I just need to find the time. I still have 2 chemises and a pair of viking pants to complete for festival not to mention starting my tudor dress.

No comments: