Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Exam are almost over

I still have two exams to go however during study week when I needed a break I'd do a few minutes of embroidery/seam treatment on my Viking dress while watching tv. I finally completed the yellow seam treatment on my Viking dress however it looks like it needs more :) So I've gone and bought some red cotton to put around the top and on the straps. I'll post pictures once I start that.
Last saturday about 12 people from Saint Florian descended upon an unsuspecting fabric shop at Redcliffe. We end up spending over three and a half hours going through everything. They had a lot of really nice fabric however we end up leaving most of it there as we just couldn't think of any outfit we needed it for at the momet.

This is what I did buy however: A light weight cotton with gold thread running though it for a partlet for a veneitan dress (to go with my pretty corset).

Here is a hidious yellow tartan that I just oculd not refuse to buy. i'm going to make hidious viking pants because lets face it they arn't perriod anyway so why not make them loud. Baggy pants are perriod for other cultures just not vikings. But they are comfortable.
Here's more fabric I didn't need to buy: this one came out of the remanents bin; it is a really nice gold but my camera just wont capture the colour. I'm going to use this for a for part of a tudor. I'm making a tudor dress based on a Catherine of Aragon painting for a tudor event next year (I get to be the Queen of England).
This beautiful piece came from spotlight (OMG) it is destined to be a venitian. :) I spent weeks and lots of running around trying to find a blue jacquard which did not have the stupid rubber curtain backing on it.
Here is my first pair of hidious un perriod Viking pants. Who knew that I could mess them up (ok I did). Although they fit next time i'm going to allow more in the cruch. Also I put a needle through one of my eylets; neither the needle/machine or eylet liked that.
I just need to buy some heavy non strech denium and I can start making my venitian; I still need to deside on what trims and where to put them but at least I know which colour's I'm using. I still have the material for 2 chemises sitting in a bag which I need to really get around to starting. I still need to find cheap viking brooches to hold up my viking dress and beads; I havn't had much luck with those.

I thought that I had already posted my corset but I was wrong so here's my gorgeous corset which was given to me by Duchess Asa who no longer fits it in. Although the photo quality isn't great it is a beautiful white Jacquard.


No comments: