Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I am so slack when it comes to blogging

Ok so this is the crazy part of the uni semester; I have 5 assignments due next week and only one complete so far. It's after 11pm and I can't sleep so I thought I'd finally update my blog. Seeing as I've been busy with uni I haven't really done a lot; just quick 'needs to be done this weekend' stuff for demos and such.

Vambraces: well I tried to do them on my own but I failed in achieving prefection and I can't stand less then perfection (thanks for that dad). Well dad came to the rescue and took over while I did other things (Like sew a tabard). Here was my effort: And here is me wearing the awesome end product:
Some of you might notice that that is not a a St Florians' marines tabard. That is my attempt at a simplified version of my own device. However there are so many things wrong with it; it is too long, the shoulders are too wide, it's too big in general except the neck hole which is too small and most people thought it was a marines tabard :(.
When I wasn't parading around in my armour at the Brisbane medieval fayre I was attempting to get some of my embroidery done on my 10th Century outfit; I got very little done (I had to keep going and trying to convince more people to come play with us).

I have bought material to make 2 chemises and a pair of viking baggy pants (which seem the opposite to what is actually perriod but they look comfy and will be good for camping). I have also been asked to come sewing on sundays with the Baroness and her lady; they are bored now that they have made all they want and so they want to pass knowledge onto me.

On another note I got a sexy new laptop which I think it awesome:
I had to buy the sticker off ebay because I'm a giant nerd and proud of it. I also assume that if you're reading this that you are also a giant nerd :P

1 comment:

Ysambart said...

Well the blog is here to showcase the stuff you make - I didn't think it was going to be a dialy update with a full Elizabethan a week...

I think the tabard will get the point of your heraldry across when coupled with your shield. Without, it's pretty hard.

Mistress STanzi is learned, good idea to try her for ideas. I'm sure it will be someything about frmaing, but I'm not clever enough to know.