Thursday, November 27, 2008

Corset

As per Morde and Liza's suggestion I have been I have been painstakingly coving the eyelet holes of the corset in cotton. I was using a dounble threaded needle. In total it took two days. I would do about half of the eyelets in the morrning and the other half at night. I did this while watching tv. The first photo is after I completed the first half.
I didn't touch th corset again for a few days. I completed the eyelets on Thursday. I watched Indian Jones and the Crystal skull, Life after humans (a documentary) and Bones. I'm not really happy with how they turned out. If I spent more time on them I could cover all the cooper so that there is no metal showing through. But I think what i've done works. One eyelet on the second side was difficult because the upper disc overlaped with a section of boning so I had to go over the boning and under the edge; that eyelet looks really messay because of the angle.
Hopefully spending this time on the corset will extend it's life through the wear on the eyelets and make the lacing last longer because it wont be rubbing on metal.

No comments: