Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Red and Black Spanish

Going back over my older posts I found a post about things I was thinking about making. Well I did make a few things off that list before I stopped really playing in the SCA. I did make the Red and Black Spanish Dress and I did make a Spanish headdress and decorated a hat.

 The Fake Spanish headdress. I used to try to actually get a wrap to stay in my hair around a braid but it never worked very well. This headdress is held in my a hair clip at the front.
 Close up details on the sleeves. I really loved using the pearls to hold the strips together.
 Please ignore the discolouration by the flash the hat is a dark black with a velvet band and hand made red tassels. Loops inside the hat are pinned to the headdress to hold it on.
The completed dress at the event.

No comments: