Thursday, July 24, 2008

About time for another post

I had 4 weeks holiday from university; I spent 3 of those weeks sick with two different infections one of which developed into a lung infections! So I haven't really been doing a lot of work on garb and I haven't trained in combat in over a month.

This is what I have been doing however:

I started constructing this hat/bennie early last semester when I rediscovered my knitting spool. The hat was constructed by knitting meters and meters of spool knitting; with a four nailed wooden spool then stitching those lengths together. Although it's not garb I love it and thought it worthy of mention. I had a man on the train today ask me what I would swap it for (nothing it took too long to make).

A few weeks ago (before I got sick) I constructed a Apron dress and a under tunic. The only issue I had with the under tunic was that the blue chalk didn't completely wash out of the white fabric :( I'll have to attack it with wonder soap and hope for the best. The Apron dress however is not yet complete. Last night I went to a friends place who showed me some stitches to use on the seams of my dress to finish it off. I haven't done a lot of it yet but I thought it worth mentioning that I am up to something a part from University work.


Well that's all from me for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool :O)

Ysambart said...

That is a beanie of colour ultimate power. My orange cable knitted beanie slinks into a corner to radiant second prize giving colour.