Monday, December 29, 2008

Embroidery

Today the man to whom I am 'Man at Arms' to asked if I could embroider a rondel of his device for his new cloak which is part of the dress of the upcoming royal guard. I've never done any period embroider aside from viking seam treatements. I however said I would try. I thought I would start with some scrap material and left over thread from a cross stitch kit. The flash kind of washed out the colours but you get the idea. I don't think it's bad for my first attempt. It allowed me to experiement with stich lengths and where the threads should meet etc. While looking for something completely differnet I found another small cross stitch set of none other then a pretty little butterfly. I completed this one in about two hours. I think it's very pretty but the wooden frame doesn't fit; I'll have to get my brothers help with that one.

2 comments:

Ysambart said...

Nice work! It's not as cool as a butterfly, but thank you!

Ysambart said...

http://ysambartcourtin.blogspot.com/ is my new blog space now that Journalspac e has died.

I couldn't figure out how to 'follow' your blog. Grr. I'll get it eventually.