Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fixing and completing things

Fixing my Spanish dresses
As you can see from the profile picture for this blog my pretty yellow Spanish dress never sat right. I found the issue was that the plastic boning available at spotlight is very bendy and as such does a shit job of holding everything where it needs to be. I replaced the plastic boning in my yellow dress a while ago with aluminium pieces which Daddy so kindly provided for me and cut to size. Today I finally removed the plastic from my blue and red Spanish so I can wear it comfortably again. The first photo is me wearing the yellow dress showing how much better it sits. The second is the other dress which I fixed today.


Pilgrim Bag and Tokens:
I decided to day trip to Great Northern War last year so I very quickly knocked together a pilgrims bag to carry my stuff in. It's just some blue drill lined in black drill. All the outside edges were handsewn. Today I finally got around to attaching my event tokens to the front flap. It seems the tokens are too shiny for my camera on the phone but you get the gist of it. See the below photo. I can't seem to rotate it the correct way, it displays correctly on my pc but wont play nicely when I upload it.

No comments: