Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tudor and Pearls!!

Tudorness Tudorness I know it's not a word but I am sooo excited. There have been many delays in the patterning of the dress but now the pattern is done and the dress is progressing very quickly.


On Sunday we did 3 more fittings of the pattern taking the total to 5 fittings and patterns in total what a nightmare. That afternoon I did not have the denium or any drill with me for the lining of the bodice so only the outer velvet layer was cut out on Sunday. Nothing went right on monday at all until that night. In the afternoon I went to Spotlight to buy some black drill to line the bodice however I could only get a navy oh well no one should see the lining anyway.


Well after dark I finally got the denium and drill layers cut our and machine sewed the sides and shoulder joins. I then worked until midnight carefully closing the neckline and base seams by hand. Here is what I had done on Monday night:
Front Side of the Tudor Bodice.

The Back of the Tudor bodice: notice it has a diagonally lacing V shape :)

On Tuesday around lunch time I started attaching 12mm Glass Pearls onto the front of the bodice. I can't remember what time it was but when I got to the point in the below photo I wasn't sure if I liked how it was turning out. I considered cuting them all off and starting again with a different pattern. I walked away and then hung the boidce on the back of a chair and looked at it from a distance then in a miror hung over my shoulders. The pattern grew on me and I decided I do like how it looks so I kept going.
I didn't look at my watch as to when I got to this point but it was well before 10pm which i think is pretty impressive. Sadly finishing it now means I dont have anything to do on it tomorrow luckly I'm meeting with the sewing group tomorrow.
Hopefully tomorrow I will get the skirt and sleeves sorted and work out how to do the eyelets; I've never done proper eyelets before. I normally use rings or metal eyelets in my aweful "Vikking" pants.

2 comments:

Ysambart said...

Keep it rolling. Hope you find something good to watch while beading. It amused me that you were watching stuff blow up while beading when I was watching 'Breakfast at Tffany's' while painting minnies.

Unknown said...

I watched the Kingdom of Heaven last night after Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galxey